Welcome to Harvard University Cross Registration!
Enrich your academic experience by exploring courses at Harvard and other local schools.
Harvard's Course Catalog lists over 12,000 courses offered at Harvard University and MIT in over 100 departments.
Courses span areas of study from Literature and Art to Architecture and Urban Studies to Applied Physics.
We encourage you to peruse the courses in the Harvard Course Catalog and check with your home school registrar for
information on school specific cross registration policies and procedures.
Click the appropriate link below for instructions and general information on cross registration
- Cross Registration within Harvard and to MIT is no longer supported on this application.
- Please cross register for Harvard and MIT courses at my.harvard.edu.
- a) Verify with your home school registrar that your school is eligible to cross register into Tufts University, Brown University and Episcopal Divinity School and what the cross registration process is.
- b) If eligible, print the Non-Harvard Petition Form and follow your school’s cross registration process.
click here to start the new cross-registration process at Harvard. After completing the registration form you will receive an email with a link to validate your identity. Please note: Even if you already have a Harvard ID and Key, please complete the registration form. Once identity validation is complete, you will receive an email with your Harvard ID and instructions on how to claim your HarvardKey. You can then login to my.harvard to petition Harvard courses.
Please visit MIT's Add/Drop application site to submit your Cross Registration requests.
Harvard Instructors will receive an email alerting them that you are interested in cross-registering for their course. Instructors approve or deny student requests online. For updates on the Instructor's decision, please check in the Add/Drop application.
You are not enrolled in a course until the Harvard Registrar has approved your petition.
You will no longer be able to use Harvard's Course Catalog and Cross Registration Application to cross register for Harvard courses.
- Contact your Home School (school issuing your diploma) for information on eligibility, grading policies and fees.
- Contact your Host School (school where you are cross registered) for information on grading options and credit level option for courses.
- Students who are cross-registering must abide by the rules and regulations of both their Home School and the Host School. Please see the School-Specific Policies page for additional cross-registration information.
- Cross-Registration deadlines for the Host and Home schools may differ. Cross Registration forms must be completed by the earlier of the two deadlines, (deadlines can be found on each school’s link)
- Students enrolled in a course can drop the course by following the current add/drop procedures at their Home School.
- Students should check the Credit Conversion Chart to determine how the Host School’s credit will translate into the Home School’s credit system.